Thursday, March 4, 2010

Are over the counter teeth whitening systems safe to use?

The patients in my private practice often question me about tooth whitening products. My response is always the same: how much result are you looking for? If you want to slightly lighten the color of your teeth you could use a safe OTC product like Crest Whitening Strips. A box or 2 and you can get a shade or 2. WARNING: most over the counter whitening systems cotain an acid that will damage the tooth enamel, AND titanium dioxide which is the pigment found in white paints! Not good. The only safe product I know of is the one I mentioned earlier.
If you are looking for a WOW effect (9-15 shades) only professional whitening systems will do. They are proven clinically safe and effectve. In my office we have both easy to use Take Home systems and the In Office system known as ZOOM! Visit my web pages @http://www.springdentists.com for information on whitening and other dental goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment